Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The Navy Seal Extreme Off-Road Challenge!

    So a couple weeks ago my friend Cory found this race online called the Navy Seal Extreme Off-Road Challenge. After visiting the website and viewing the coarse trail it sounded like a nice challenge so I talked Scott into doing it with me and Cory. And with that our team "Two Zoomies and a Civ" was born, zoomies standing for someone in the Aif Force.

    The coarse is very difficult, it is around a 5.6 k, has a 2400' elevation change throughout, slogging (running through small bodies of water), an obstacle coarse, and a near vertical rope climb! Now at the time this sounded like a nice difficult challenge, but still manageable. However, yesterday I looked at a few of the emails that past runners had sent to the man that organizes it.  To my surprise I found that many of the runners had more difficulty with this race than with races like the Big South Fork 17.5 mile trail run and the half-Ironman Triathlon! So you can see how I am now trying to train like crazy for this, but I know I have the will-power to succeed, I will just have to dig down deep and strive for the finish.  I will be uploading pictures as soon as I receive them after the race. :-)


"I wouldn't say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it."
         -  Michael Phelps

No comments:

Post a Comment