Sunday, March 28, 2010

Spring Fever

    Yes, finally. . . Warm weather! I was getting so annoyed with snow and bone-chilling wind.  With this new warm weather comes a lot more outdoor activities as well.  Scott, Ethan and I have been going to the fit lately on Thursdays to play racket ball, set in the sauna, and swim some.  We get the same results as if we would have done Kenpo X, since they are both purely cardio.  However, now that it's warm out we can go to the park and ride the long trail, which ends up being a fairly hardcore leg workout; and not to mention the awesome frisbee golf coarse they have there.

    My friend Cory and I went to Knoxville yesterday to buy some running shoes from Fleet Feet.  They are amazing! I've never had running shoes feel so comfortable, however I've never went through such an in-depth process to pick my shoes either.  The skilled employees measure your foot sitting down, standing up, watch you walk barefoot, and watch you run in slow motion on a treadmill with your possible shoes.  The result for me was some awesome Nike's and for Cory some Saucony's.

    The whole reason we went to get new running shoes was because Cory is running in a half-marathon this Sunday.  I would have, if I didn't have to work.  But, we are thinking about participating in a race called the Navy Seal Ultimate Challenge in the Smoky Mountains.  It is a 5k with hills, obstacles, water crossings, and rope climbs, and all with a 2400' elevation change.  It would be fun, however, we also want to run the Music City Half-Marathon 2 weeks after that, and I'm just not sure I will be ready and recovered within that short time span, but we shall see when the time comes.

"If someone says, 'Hey, I ran 100 miles this week. How far did you run?' Ignore him! What the hell difference does it make? . . . The magic is in the man, not the 100 miles.
      - Bill Bowerman

No comments:

Post a Comment