Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Competition

    My friends Scott and Ethan recently started the P90X workout with me.  We have been working out at Scott's place since his apartment has a concrete base and doesn't shake when we jump or if we accidentally drop weights.  Plus he has a lot more space for the three of us to exercise.  Today is Yoga X, it's Scott's second time and Ethan's possible first if he gets to come try it.  It's definitely not a walk in the park, some might think yoga is something only women do, but when I can out-run, out-play, and just perform better overall than those that think that we'll see who's laughing :-). It's an hour and a half workout and holding those poses will make the sweat run like a rushing river!

    I enjoy working out and/or running with friends because I am a very competitive person.  If they are starting to lift more, run faster, or outperform me; I push myself to keep up or surpass them.  That's why I love doing P90X with Scott and Ethan, because I really push for those extra reps and good form.  Scott and I also split the cost of the Peak Performance Drink that supplements the P90X workout.  From the reviews, it supposedly tastes like an orange creamsicle and is great for recovery and muscle building.  I'll let you all know how it works when it gets delivered, hopefully sometime this week.

"Rome was not built in a day, and neither was your body."
     - Tony Horton

1 comment: